Busy moms need a few recipes on hand (and an Instant Pot) for a super quick meal. I don’t think there is anything as simple and quick as this Easy Instant Pot Salsa Chicken with Cauliflower Rice, especially if your family is eating according to the Whole30 diet or Paleo diet. As long as you use a Whole30-compliant salsa (ie: sugar-free), it will comply with either.
There are basically only 4 ingredients to this dish, so it’s not only quick, it’s pretty frugal as well. You can even add the chicken to your Instant Pot frozen if you’re really in a pinch. Just increase the cooking time to 15 minutes.
Easy Instant Pot Salsa Chicken with Cauliflower Rice
Salsa Chicken Ingredients:
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
16 oz of salsa
1/2 cup chicken broth (or water)
salt & pepper
Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of the Instant Pot and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in cauliflower and season with salt. Cook, stirring frequently until the cauliflower has softened, 3 to 5 minutes.
Shred the chicken and serve over riced cauliflower.
You might also enjoy:
- One Pan Garlic Orange Chicken (Paleo, Whole30)
- Spicy Turkey Meatballs over Spaghetti Squash (Paleo, Whole30, Keto)
- Pot Roast for Instant Pot (Paleo, Whole30)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 16 oz of salsa
- ½ cup chicken broth (or water)
- salt & pepper
- Cauliflower Rice Ingredients
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets, stems trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt to taste
- Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of the Instant Pot and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the salsa and water or chicken broth over the chicken breasts.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and seal shut.
- Press manual and set the timer
- Allow the Instant Pot to vent naturally.
- Meanwhile, make the cauliflower rice on the stovetop.
- Trim the cauliflower florets, cutting away as much stem as possible. In 3 batches, add the florets to a food processor or Vitamix and pulse until the mixture resembles rice.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in cauliflower and season with salt. Cook, stirring frequently until the cauliflower has softened, 3 to 5 minutes.