I’ve gotten a bit off track over the past few months, but earlier this year, I lost 40 lbs. mostly by doing one thing — eating a Paleo diet. While a lot of travel derailed me for a bit, I have a goal to get back on track, and I can’t think of a better time to do so than during the holiday season. I know that sounds crazy — the holidays are not really the time most people start a healthy eating plan. But last year, I did a Whole30 Challenge during the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas and instead of gaining 10lbs (like usual), I lost 15!
Lots of Thanksgiving type foods are easily adaptable to the Paleo diet. So if you are new to Paleo, live that lifestyle everyday, or perhaps have someone coming for Thanksgiving dinner who eats a Paleo diet, here are 20 recipes you can cook that will make for some happy Paleo eaters!
1. Paleo Baked Turkey Breast
2. Paleo Pumpkin Pie
3. Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts
4. Garlic Sauteed Zucchini
5. Sweet and Spicy Roasted Butternut Squash
6. Crock-Pot Cranberry Applesauce
7. Paleo Vegan Maple Walnut Ice Cream
8. Wild Mushroom Butter Roasted Turkey
9. Best Paleo Turkey Gravy
10. Best Ever Paleo Stuffing
11. Mashed Cauliflower
12. Sweet Potato Casserole
13. Paleo Pumpkin Coconut Maple Custard Cups
14. Parsnip “Rice” with Fresh Thyme & Sage
15. Thanksgiving Turkey
16. Paleo Green Bean Casserole
17. Paleo Spinach and Apple Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing
18. Crock-Pot Turkey Breast
19. Bacon Wrapped Dates
20. Paleo Thanksgiving Stuffing with Pumpkin Bread
Bonus recipe for leftover turkey: Turkey Salad
Are you cooking a Paleo Thanksgiving dinner? What are some of your favorite dishes?