Every day, it is important that as wives we take time out of our day to pray for our husbands. Yes, our days can be hectic, but there is something so powerful about taking time to pray for the one we are married to. Taking the time to pray for your husband helps to keep your vows of marriage and love kindled, during both the times of struggles and the times of joy. The Bible teaches us that we are to pray without ceasing, and having alone time to pray for your husband is a necessary part of that command and can bring you so much more joy than what you are currently experiencing in your prayer life.
If you are a wife who struggles in your relationship with your husband, let me speak to you in particular right now. I have been where you are, and I understand that it can be difficult to pray continuously for a spouse with whom you are angry, has caused you pain, or who has made life harder for you than it needs to be. Please know that these are the husbands that need our continual prayer support most. It won’t be easy at first, and you may struggle with how or what to pray in the beginning. But keep at it. Find just one thing a day to pray about and soon you may find your heart softening toward him as you are faithful in praying for your husband.
One of the biggest issues we all face is praying for the same topic over and over, which is absolutely wonderful . . . at least you are praying for your husband. However, none of us want to find ourselves in a prayer rut. Personally speaking, I want my prayers to be wholehearted and sincere, but I also sometimes need ideas for what to pray for my husband. So, I pulled out a piece of paper and started writing down a few ideas. Once I came up with one, the ideas started flooding me! I wanted to take the time to share 30 of these ideas that I came up with with you, in case you would love other ideas for what to pray for your husband as well.
- Pray for someone to encourage him today.
- Pray for oneness — to keep your unity in faith and marriage as God created.
- Pray for him to have wisdom throughout the day.
- Pray for him to have the confidence to lead others, no matter what the circumstance.
- Pray for him to release any insecurity that he may have about himself.
- Pray for his job and the role he plays among his work peers.
- Pray for a less stressed day, and that it be filled with joy.
- Pray for his health, both physically and mentally.
- Pray for a strong bond in his friendships.
- Pray for him to have patience in all that he does.
- Pray for his interaction with your children.
- Pray for him to not lose sight of the little things in life.
- Pray for him to take time to grow in his own relationship with God through prayer and Bible study.
- Pray for his faith and that it stands firm no matter what comes today.
- Pray for him to be content with a little or with much in life.
- Pray for him to be kind to himself and others.
- Pray for him to not be afraid to share the Gospel of Christ.
- Pray for him to be a light of faith no matter where he is or what situation arises.
- Pray that he recognizes his own personal talents and that he uses them to their fullest.
- Pray that he lives each day to its fullest potential and is diligent in all he does.
- Pray that he recognizes his daily blessings and the blessing that he is to others.
- Pray that he remains humble and grateful in all circumstances.
- Pray that he stays confident in who he is, and never feels inadequate in his job role or in his role as husband and father.
- Pray that he strives to understand God’s plan for his life and your family.
- Pray that he has patience with your children and that they surround them with love.
- Pray that he takes the time to rejoice in the day, giving all glory to God.
- Pray that he always finds hope in a world that says there is none, and that he reaffirms hope in our Heavenly Father.
- Pray that he never goes through a day where he feels unloved or isolated.
- Pray that he always knows he can communicate with you about any topic, good or bad.
- Pray that he always has a willingness to serve with a Servant’s heart.
I pray that you enjoy these prayer prompts, and that they will give you more ideas of what to pray for your husband.
What are some areas in which you pray for your husband? I would love to add more to my list of prayer prompts.
30 Ways to Pray for your Husband!
We'll send this free printable of 30 Ways to Pray for your Husband straight to your inbox plus we'll send you the latest from Wellness Becomes Her.